Even in a challenging market listings sell — it’s simple. Here are some basic ideas for the 21st century real estate professional and their sellers:
Traditional marketing such as For Sale Signs, MLS listings and Direct Mailings still have some value.
However the goal is to implement a broad-based campaign to generate buyer competition for your listing. Let’s face it; your listings have to be marketable.
The most dynamic advertising won’t sell a listing that’s in terrible condition, poorly staged, and overpriced. The following suggestions describe the most effective types of marketing for your listing in a very competitive industry:
WOW Factors: People don’t buy “listings,” “houses,” or even “homes.” They buy WOW Factors! WOW Factors vary from one listing to the next.
- Gourmet kitchens
- spa style bathrooms
- luxurious bedrooms
- working fireplaces
- panoramic views
- lovely gardens
all can be emotional triggers.
- huge, walk-in closets (did you ever hear anyone say, “I have too many closets.”?)
- In metropolitan areas garages/parking spaces can sell listings.
- Agents, in addition to the computerized multiple listing service you must use a variety of websites to advertise your listings.
- Potential buyers have an opportunity to review details of listings, take a visual tour, download pertinent information, track properties that they like, gather important mortgage and insurance information, which allows them to be more efficient during the search and buying process.
- More than 90% of homebuyers begin their research on the internet. The internet is fast becoming the number one source for advertising and marketing your listing.
Think of Social Media as “word of mouth” advertising.
Agents who use social media to promote themselves and market their listings:
- Spread the Word Faster and to more people. Show customers and prospects who you are and what you can do for them. It’s great for brand awareness!
- Drive Sales. The more people who see and interact with your listings the greater opportunity to secure the best buyer for your sellers and promote you at the same time!
- Provide Great Customer Service. Listen and respond to what your customers are saying about you and to you. It’s a wonderful feedback loop! And everyone else is reading it!
- Keep Your Customers Coming Back. Build deeper relationships so customers will get to know, like, and trust you more.
- 70% of the consumers choose an agent they know or an agent who has been recommended
- 61% of consumers would use their previous agent if they could remember their name
- Because social media is all about discovering and sharing cool stuff, every interaction you have through social media has the potential to reach many new people.
That’s awesome because social media will ultimately help to spread your message and attract new audiences.
75% of people are somewhat or highly likely to share content they like online with friends, co-workers or family—49% do this at least weekly.
Source: Chadwick Martin Bailey Consumer Pulse 2010
Suzanne, welcomes your comments and opinions.
Whether a real estate agent or seller/buyer Suzanne will be happy to answer any of your real estate questions or concerns. Contact her at: email@example.com or leave a question below in the comments.
If you’re on Facebook please like A-Track Coaching! Suzanne would really appreciate it!