The greatest disservice that you, as a seller, can do to yourself in selling your home is to try to sell it as a For Sale By Owner (FSBO).
Here are just a few things to think about:
- Everyone, including agents, knows that you interviewed a few agents to get their opinion as to what listing price you should consider when listing your home.
- Everyone knows that you didn’t deduct the real estate fee (that amount you are trying to save by doing it yourself), which was included in all the agents’ pricing proposals, prior to you putting your property on the market.
- In the event that an offer is received, FSBO sellers typically think the offer is low. It probably is not. FSBO sellers are unaware that the buyers have deducted the real estate fee and actually the price is appropriate.
- The truth is, FSBOs eventually list with a real estate agent.
- As a FSBO, you are attempting to compete with hundreds of licensed real estate agents in and around your town.
- The vast, vast majority of qualified buyers interested in buying a home are working with a real estate agent.
- You may think that because you have access to the internet, and therefore pertinent real estate data, that you know enough to go it alone.
- The truth is, real estate professionals know the real estate data the general public has access to is riddled with outdated information.
- There is no way that you can be sure that you’ve contracted with the best, most qualified buyer.
- Real estate agents have databases full of buyers that you don’t have access to.
- Buyers who seek out FSBOs are typically looking for a cheap deal.
- Buyers typically believe that FSBOs are desperate to sell.
You are extremely naïve if you think selling your home is done simply by creating an information sheet, putting a sign in front of your house with a bunch of balloons, conducting an open house and putting your listing on Craig’s list.
There is no way that you can compete with the real estate industry’s websites, SEO budgets, CRM budgets, electronic marketing capability, international reach for buyers, inside leads from their own affiliate companies, and access to the negotiating resources of an experienced real estate professional.
So, do yourself a favor and turn your largest single investment over to a real estate professional and let them guide you through the process of getting your highest and best price.
And please visit A-Track Coaching on Facebook and give us a “Like!”